I have a lot of flaws.
You might be sitting with him at the kitchen table drinking coffee from mismatched mugs and saying nothing because sometimes saying nothing is the best thing to say. He’s miles away, and you’re thinking you should take a shower or fix your hair or at least brush your teeth because you feel dirty and self-conscious. You wish the sun weren’t so bright on your face and you wish there was something other than corn flakes for breakfast so your stomach won’t start making hideous noises. You’re about to open your mouth and say something to break the silence, but he speaks first. He tilts his head slightly and says:
“You make me really happy.”
And you will agree he does, too."
People with anxiety:
- Know the worry is irrational
- Want to calm down but can’t
- Hate the fact that breathing feels like you are trying to breathe rocks instead of air
- Feel like they are drowning and suffocating. Telling them to just take a breath and calm down doesnt help.
- Want to stop shaking but can’t control their limbs.
- Just plain feel horrible and embarrassed.